Even if you've never flown a radio controlled (RC) aircraft before, the Carbon Cub S 2 is the most versatile, capable and easiest to fly scale RC airplane yet! Based on the Carbon Cub by CubCrafters, an upgraded and thoroughly modern iteration of the classic Super Cub, and equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE technology, this scale reproduction makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. And the addition of telemetry-capable and Smart components including an ESC, battery and charger (battery and charger sold separately for the BNF® Basic version), along with the option to add SAFE Plus® GPS-enabled technology and the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS), makes learning to fly even easier than ever before!
- The most capable, versatile and easiest to fly scale trainer based on the iconic Carbon Cub from CubCrafters
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology to add AutoLand, Virtual Fence and Holding Pattern features
- Optional and easy to install Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) available for smoother landings
- 100% complete including a controller/transmitter, battery and charger so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery delivers long flight times up to 10-15+ minutes
- Spektrum S120 Smart charger works with a variety of USB power sources
- Factory-installed servos, Spektrum flight controller and serial receiver
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a 30A telemetry-capable ESC
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Robust landing gear with oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Durable EPO construction that's tough yet lightweight
- Optional floats available for flying from water
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® RC flight simulator
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2 is the easiest to fly, most capable and versatile scale trainer RC airplane yet! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. And you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Oversized tires make it possible to take off and land on a variety of surfaces including thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails and smooth pavement, or you can install the optional floats to fly from water—which adds to its unmatched versatility and capabilities.
The Carbon Cub S 2 is equipped with a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC that provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more to compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters, and even approximate flight battery power remaining via multiple LEDs on the DXS transmitter included with the RTF version. The addition of exclusive Spektrum Smart components including a lithium polymer (LiPo) battery and charger make it more convenient to charge properly and safely (battery and charger sold separately for the BNF® Basic version). And you have the option to easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology that offers features such as AutoLand and Virtual Fence, along with the option to install the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) that automatically "flares" for smoother landings, to make learning to fly—and to land safely—easier than ever!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box, and is the perfect choice if you're a new RC pilot. From the Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter you can use with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly the Carbon Cub S 2, to the 3S 2200mAh Smart LiPo battery that delivers long flight times and the convenient S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources, there's nothing extra you need to buy or provide! A BNF Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And for both versions, the powerful and efficient brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC, plus the flight controller, receiver and servos, are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools.
- Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included.
- (1) HobbyZone Carbon Cub S 2 Plane with:
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (4) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Flight Controller (installed)
- (1) Spektrum 4650 Serial Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum DXS DSMX® 2.4GHz Transmitter (RTF version only)
- (1) Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo Battery (RTF version only)
- (1) Spektrum S120 USB-C Smart Charger (RTF version only)
- (1) Product Manual
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a Spektrum Smart rechargeable lithium polymer battery for the airplane and a Smart USB charger. That means there's nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly! The included transmitter, battery and charger can also be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) Basic RC aircraft.
Spektrum Smart Battery and Charger
The RTF version includes a Spektrum 3S 2200mAh Smart LiPo battery and an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Simply connect the battery to the charger, and the exclusive Smart technology will determine and start charging at the best rate to properly and safely charge the battery automatically.
Construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The Carbon Cub S 2 arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, servos plus the flight controller and receiver installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails; you can fly from these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The robust landing gear is equipped with oversized tires that soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. The optional float set (sold separately) takes just a few minutes to install and all the necessary hardware is included with the aircraft and float set so you can fly from lakes and ponds.
Functional flaps are an option for improved slow speed handling and even shorter takeoffs and landings. This feature requires a 7+ channel computer transmitter plus a flap servo and a servo extension (sold separately).
Optional Landing Assist Sensor for Smoother Landings
The Spektrum Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) is easy to install and provides automatic "flare" control to help inexperienced pilots "grease" landings by minimizing or completely eliminating bouncing (works over many/most surfaces and provides optimum performance when flying over/landing in grass).
Carbon Cub S2 1.3m RTF with SAFE
- Brand: HobbyZone
- Product Code: HBZ32000
- Availability: In Stock